Point Cloud

Feb 20, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Can you please provide a sample of saving the depth data to a text file. Like the sample you had in the beta 2 version. For some reason all that code was removed in this new release.

Feb 20, 2012 at 4:03 AM

I don't believe the c4f kit ever had that even in the sample app.  can you get the b2 source code and provide what you were thinking about?

Feb 20, 2012 at 1:39 PM

In the previous version under ImageFrameExtensions.cs you had a function ToPintCloud that is the function I am looking for.

Thanks 

Mar 13, 2012 at 2:45 PM

here is the code I am looking for but for the last version of the kinect sdk. Any help will be appreciated.

public static List<Vector> ToPointCloud(this ImageFrame image, Runtime nui, int maximumDepth)
        {
            if (image == null)
                throw new ArgumentNullException("image");

var width = image.Image.Width;
            var height = image.Image.Height;
            var greyIndex = 0;

var points = new List<Vector>();

for (var y = 0; y < height; y++)
            {
                for (var x = 0; x < width; x++)
                {
                    short depth;
                    switch (image.Type)
                    {
                        case ImageType.DepthAndPlayerIndex:
                            depth = (short)((image.Image.Bits[greyIndex] >> 3) | (image.Image.Bits[greyIndex + 1] << 5));
                            if (depth <= maximumDepth)
                            {
                                points.Add(nui.SkeletonEngine.DepthImageToSkeleton(((float)x / image.Image.Width), ((float)y / image.Image.Height), (short)(depth << 3)));
                            }
                            break;
                        case ImageType.Depth: // depth comes back mirrored
                            depth = (short)((image.Image.Bits[greyIndex] | image.Image.Bits[greyIndex + 1] << 8));
                            if (depth <= maximumDepth)
                            {
                                points.Add(nui.SkeletonEngine.DepthImageToSkeleton(((float)(width - x - 1) / image.Image.Width), ((float)y / image.Image.Height), (short)(depth << 3)));
                            }
                            break;
                    }

greyIndex += 2;
                }
            }

return points.Where(p => p.X != 0 || p.Y != 0 || p.Z != 0).ToList();
        }

Mar 14, 2012 at 8:26 PM

The code you're referencing was never part of our toolkit...perhaps it's something someone else added in a different project?

Mar 15, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Okay I apologize if that is the case,  can then someon please help me in the modification of this function for the new SDK, I still do not understand very well the bits reading part of the X,Y,Z

Thanks